HCLA Membership Reminder – Monday, January 15, 2018 is the last day to get the 10% discount off provider member dues paid in full. http://ow.ly/9OfE30hK9GG
How Membership in HCLA Pays Off
Membership dues, in 2017, helped to support the home health industry’s biggest victory since defeating co-pays in the late 90’s. As CMS pushed for the Home Health Groupings Model (HHGM) in the 2018 final rule, HCLA leaders and members were part of the national effort to remove HHGM from the rule. Industry experts indicate HHGM would have had a bigger financial impact than the Interim Payment System (IPS), which played a role in the closing of nearly 300 Louisiana home health agencies in the late 90s and early 2000s.
Many government initiatives are advancing that will have big implications for our industry. HCLA helps forward thinking members to address the changes, to see the horizon, and provide the tools to capitalize on change to turn it into a business advantage. The HomeCare Association itself is exploring change, in the process of due diligence and a potential merger with the Louisiana Mississippi Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (LMHPCO).
A recognized source of reliable information, HCLA aspires to continue raising awareness about the value of home health care within our state and our nation. Join us to have a voice, Your agency’s continued membership and participation in HCLA is critical to our having a unified voice in the future of home health care and makes it possible for us to:
- Continue to uphold the moratorium of new home care agencies in our state
- Maintain Louisiana’s voice in the ongoing national message against creating co-pays for Medicare home health episodes
- Provide strong representation with Palmetto GBA
- Champion the interests of our member agencies across the continuum of entities that affect our industry including lawmakers, regulators, payers, healthcare consortiums and outside stakeholders
- Continue to focus on and remain highly attuned to relevant industry changes and threats, so we can provide information and updates that are vital to guiding our member agencies
- Discounts on workshops and conferences
- HCLA newsletter
- Access to HCLA lobbyist in Baton Rouge
- Networking with other home health industry leaders
- Advance evidence based practice around health policy and care at home
As you consider the benefits and advantages listed above, keep in mind that membership in HCLA is a valuable asset to your agency and out industry. We invite you join or renew that membership and keep the collective force of our state’s home health care industry cohesive and strong.
Reminder, provider members that join before January 15, 2018 get a 10% discount!
Be part of something bigger related to the future of care at home. Belong to HCLA!!
Click HERE for Packets